When you book a camper at our webpage we charge a 15% confirmation fee, the remainder of the balance is to be paid on your arrival. The remainder can be paid by card or cash(EURO, USD, GBP or ISK) any change will be given in ISK.
If you wish to pay the full amount on booking or have any other questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A credit card imprint is taken at your arrival as a security measure, it may be used to pay for extras, fuel re-fills, fines, damages or any cost incurred regarding the rented car.
A credit card imprint is required even if you are paying by cash.
You can cancel you reservation without any fees if you do so at least 7 days before you expected arrival, if you cancel less than 7 days before or don’t show up the confirmation fee will not be refunded.
Affordable Campers reserves the right to cancel any reservation for any reason
Age and driver license
You and any extra drivers must be at least 21 years old and must have had a valid driving license for at least 12 months. You must also present your valid drivers license at the start of the rental.
Returning the camper
The camper must be returned at the agreed time, so it may be prepared for the next rental. If the camper is returned late we charge a late fee that’s dependent on how late the campers is returned.
The campers should be returned in the same condition as it was received with all loose articles in place and all non disposable extras present. If anything is missing a compensation may be deducted from your credit card
Obligations of the lessee and extra driver (if applicable)
1) The lessee agrees to the provisions of the lease and has received a copy of it.
2) The lessee will return the vehicle:
- a) With all attachments, including tires, tools, documents, maps and other items in or on the vehicle at the start of rental, in the same condition as upon receipt, except for normal wear and tear from use. If something is missing the lessee agrees that the cost price of individual items missing at the return vehicle is return of the vehicle to the Lessor will be charged to the Lessee´s credit card. The same applies if extra parts on or in the vehicle are missing upon the vehicle’s return or if returned in an unsatisfactory condition, i.e. these items will be charged to the lessee´s credit card.
- b) On the date and time specified by the lease, unless otherwise agreed later.
3) If the lessee violates the terms of this contract or does not return the car at the time agreed according to lease, or does not declare his intention to extend the lease, the lessor or the police are authorized to repossess the vehicle without further notice and at the lessee´s cost. Extending the lease is dependent on the consent of the lessor. If the lessee returns the vehicle 1 hour or later after the lease has expired, the lessor is authorized to demand up to 24-hours rental under the terms of the lease. For every day that begins thereafter, lessor may collect all charges as per the lessor’s pricelist.
4) Driving rental cars on roads or tracks with no road-number is forbidden. Passenger cars and 2wd vehicles are strictly forbidden on roads that are marked with an F on public maps, as well as driving Kjölur (Road 35) or Kaldidalur (Road 550). Driving on F-marked roads is only allowed in 4X4 (four-wheel drive) vehicles that the Lessor deems appropriate to be driven on such roads. A breach of this article authorizes the Lessor to collect fines from the lessee, equaling the amount of own-risk as stated in Lessor´s pricelist at any given time. These provisions of fines does not affect the Lessee’s liability as regards damage.
5) The vehicle shall be handled and driven carefully. Only those named as drivers on the first page of the rental agreement are authorized to drive the vehicle. If the Lessee leaves the vehicle at a different location than stated in this rental agreement the Lessor is may charge the Lessee according to the Lessor’s pricelist for cost of incurred thereof. The Lessee is liable for any damage resulting from use of the vehicle not covered by insurance. This includes, but not limited to, damages to the automobile and/or injury to passengers due to the following:
a) Off-road driving, e.g. on paths and tracks, on beaches, in areas only accessible during low tide, or in other trackless areas.
b) Vehicle use that contravenes Icelandic law and/or the provisions of the lease or driving under the influence of any intoxicants.
c) Driving in or across rivers or any kind of waterways. Such driving is totally the responsibility of the lessee.
d) Driving in banks of snow and ice.
6) In the event of a collision or accident the Lessee shall immediately notify the appropriate police authorities as well as the Lessor of the incident, and the Lessee may not leave the scene of incident before the arrival of police.
7) Should the rental contract be based on the number of actual kilometers driven their number is determined by the odometer in the vehicle supplied by the manufacturer.
8) The Lessor is not responsible for the disappearance of or damage to property left by the Lessee or any other party in or transported in the vehicle. The Lessee agrees to pay the Lessor, upon request, any and all expenses incurred by the Lessor by the transport of the vehicle to the base of operations, in case the vehicle being left without supervision, or proper regard to condition of the vehicle, the roads or the weather.
9) The Lessee is not authorized to have repairs done or make changes to the vehicle or its accessories, or to put the vehicle up as any kind of security, without the prior confirmed consent of the Lessor.
10) The Lessee is liable for all parking meter charges and fines for breaking traffic laws.
11) The Lessor reserves the right to collect a charge from the Lessee, charged against the Lessee´s credit card, according to Lessor´s pricelist, if the Lessor is obliged to pay fines to the Lessee and/or inform the authorities about the Lessee because of traffic violations. The Lessee is not authorized to use the vehicle to transport passengers for payment, lend it to others, or sublease it.
Obligations of the Lessor
1) The Lessor undertakes to supply the vehicle at the agreed time and see to that it meets the demands made for it.
2) In case of vehicle malfunction, the Lessor shall supply the Lessee with a comparable vehicle as soon as possible. If the damage is minor, the Lessee can be authorized to have repairs done to the vehicle after obtaining the Lessors confirmed consent.
3) The Lessor shall inform the Lessee of the content of the agreement particularly as regards the obligations that the lessee undertakes by signing it.
4) The Lessor shall inform the foreign Lessee of Icelandic traffic regulations, traffic signs, and regulations banning off-road driving. The Lessor shall particularly point out dangers from animals on or near roads and paths.
5) If the Lessor limits the use of the vehicle with regard to its equipment and/or condition, this shall be done in writing at the signature of contract. The Lessor undertakes to maintain valid liability insurance for his business operations.
1) The lease sum/rental fee includes mandatory vehicle insurance, including liability insurance and accident insurance for the driver and the owner.
2) Third-party liability insurance will consist of the amount stipulated by Icelandic law at any given time.
3) Vátryggingafélag Íslands hf. (VÍS) is our insurance provider and all of our insurance falls under their policy terms.
4) Each own-risk only applies to one incident. In instances of more damage that obviously did not occur at one and the same time, each own-risk applies to only one incident.
5) This Collision Damage Waiver – CDW does not cover:
a) Intentional damage or damage due to gross negligence on the part of the driver.
b) Damage resulting from the driver being under the influence of alcohol, stimulants or sedatives, or in any other way incapable of driving the vehicle in safe manner.
c) Damage due to race or test driving.
d) Damage due to war, revolution, civil unrest or riots.
e) Damage done by animals.
f) Holes burned into seats, carpets or mats.
g) Damage affecting only wheels, tires, suspension, batteries, glass (other than windows), radios, or loss by theft of parts of the vehicle and damage resulting from this.
h) Damage caused to the vehicles´ transmission, drive other parts that are in or attached to the chassis; damage to the chassis resulting from scraping the bottom on rough roads or as a result of ridges being left by road graders, stones lodged in the road surface or on the shoulder of the road. The same applies to damage by stones striking the underside of the vehicle during driving.
i) Cost of transporting or towing the vehicle to the return location in the event of a collision or accident .
j) Damages resulting from driving in places where vehicle traffic is banned, such as paths, tracks, banks of snow, ice, unbridged rivers or streams, beaches, places only accessible at low tide, or other trackless areas.
k) Damages caused by sand, gravel, rocks, ash, pumice, or other kinds of earth material being blown onto the vehicle.
l) If the vehicle is transported by sea, no compensation will be paid for damage caused by sea spray/seawater.
m) Damage to vehicles caused by driving on roads marked with an F in public maps as well as driving on Kjölur (Road 35) or Kaldidalur (Road 550)
n) Lessors loss because of the vehicle being stolen.
o) Water damage to the vehicle.
In other instances, reference is made to the general conditions for accident/all-risks insurance.
6) The Lessee may purchase a)Gravel Protection (GP), which covers the Lessee for damages caused by gravel on the windshield, headlights and body of the car. b)Sand and Ash Protection (SAAP);which covers the Lessee for damages caused by sand/ash storms to the paint ,windows, plastics, lights, wheels and chromes of the vehicle, your liability is 800€ or 0€ with Platinum Insurance. c)Tire Protection (TP) covers the cost of repairing or replacing a tire, you are responsible for changing to the spare and getting to a workshop to get the tire fixed or replaced. d)Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW) that lowers your liability in an accident down to 500€.
Premiums for SCDW is 15€ per day, for GP 10€ per day, for SAAP 10€ per day, for TI 5€ per day
7) Insurance packages include Premium and Platinum insurance packages. Premium insurance package includes: SCDW, SAAP and GP with liability as stated above. Platinum insurance package includes: SCDW, SAAP, GP and TI with 0€ liability
8) GROSS NEGLIGENCE WILL VOID ANY AND ALL INSURANCES
1) Cancellation is free of charge 7 days prior to pick up of the rented vehicle. If the Lessee cancels less than 7 days prior to pick-up 15% confirmation fee will not be refunded.
2) The Lessee confirms with his or her signature to this rental agreement that he or she received the vehicle and attachments in sound condition. The Lessee confirms that it will not hold the Lessor liable for any damage, delays or any other possible costs that may occurr due to mechanical failures of the vehicle.
3) Signing this rental agreement is equal to Lessee´s signature for a credit card transaction due to payments of charges which Lessor charges to Lessee’s credit card and is rightfully claimed by the Lessor according to provisions of this rental agreement.
4) This rental agreement shall always be kept in the vehicle while on the responsibility of the Lessee.
5) Additions and amendments to the conditions and provisions of this lease agreement shall only be made in writing and signed by both parties thereof.
6) Icelandic law applies to agreements made on the basis of terms stated above. This includes any possible claims for compensation. This applies both to the basis for and the calculation of compensation. The same applies to claims for damage based on liability outside this agreement. If legal disputes arise concerning the lease agreement, they will be heard before the Lessor´s legal venue.
7) Smoking is prohibited in the vehicle. In case of contravention a cleaning fee will be charged according to the Lessor´s pricelist.
8) The Lessee agrees by signing this agreement, should a vehicle sustain damage or loss for which the Lessee is responsible, that the following documents shall be considered as sufficient evidence regarding the cost and extent of such damage or loss, whether a civil case is filed or not: 1) Detailed invoice from the Lessor´s own garage, an approved garage, an approved garage that has obtained a certification according to CABAS liability assessment system and/or an assessment from a certified garage that has obtained a certification according to CABAS liability assessment system. 2) A photograph(s) of damage or loss of vehicle. 3) Signed Rental Agreement. 4) Damage report filled out by the Lessors employee. 5) Return Control filled out by the Lessors employee ( if the vehicle is returned during opening hours to the Lessor´s employee at the Lessor´s place of business).
9) It should be pointed out that disputes between the parties to the lease agreement can be submitted to the Arbitration committee of the Icelandic Consumer´s Association and the Icelandic Travel Industry Association.